In order to join various streams of Merchant Navy one has to go through IMU CET test. Details regarding the test and various institutes to which one can join is explained in detail in this article.
There are little bit changes in the various dates of the test because of COVID.
IMU CET 2021
Indian Maritime University (IMU) has released the IMU CET 2021 application form on July 29. Applicants can complete the IMU CET 2021 registration from the official website. The authorities will conduct IMU CET 2021 to provide admissions into the various undergraduate engineering courses offered by various colleges. IMU CET will be conducted as an Online Mode of the exam. IMU CET 2021 scores can also be used for admissions into BTech courses offered at other affiliated campuses.
IMU CET 2021 Exam Dates
The timeline of the various events related to the entrance examination has been released through the important dates of IMU CET 2021. The exam conducting authority has released the IMU CET 2021 date. Candidates are advised to check the dates to lessen the chances of missing out on any events such as application form release, admit card, and more. Candidates are requested to check dates on the official site of IMU CET to avoid any discrepancies.
IMU CET 2021 Important Dates
|Availability of application form||July 29, 2021|
|Final date to register and pay the fee||August 20, 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||August 20, 2021|
|Availability of admit card||August 25, 2021|
|IMU CET 2021||August 29, 2021|
|Announcement of result||September 6, 2021|
|Commencement of Counselling||To be notified|
Overview of IMU CET 2021
|Examination Name||Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known As||IMU CET|
|Conducting Body||Indian Maritime University|
|Category of Exam||Undergraduate|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Exam Mode||Online Proctored Mode|
|Number of Participating Institutes||21|
|Admission Process||On the basis of the entrance examination|
IMU CET 2021 Application Form
Registrations for IMU CET 2021 have been commenced from July 29 but it changes every year. Candidates have to fill and submit the application form of IMU CET 2021 online mode before the final date to participate in the admission process. No other mode of application will be available. Unregistered candidates will not be allowed to attempt the entrance examination. It must be noted that all details to be entered have to be valid else it will create an issue.
Steps to fill IMU CET 2021 application form
- Registration: Candidates will have to visit the official website and click on the registration link. Valid email address and mobile number has to be used for registration purposes.
- Filling of Form: Next, the candidates will have to fill the application form with correct personal, academic and communication details. All information should be as per the documents possessed by the candidates.
- Uploading of Scanned Documents: The scanned photograph, signature, 10th marksheet, 12th standard certificate and SC/ST/OBC-NCL certificate (if applicable) has to be uploaded as per the specifications mentioned by the authorities.
- Fee Payment: The required application fee has to be paid by the candidates in online mode (net banking/credit card/debit card).
- Submission of Form: In the final step, the candidates will have to check the details that they have provided and submit the application form.
|General/OBC Category||Rs. 1000|
|SC/ST Category||Rs. 700|
IMU CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
For admissions into the participating institutes, the candidates are expected to meet certain conditions which are listed out in the eligibility criteria of IMU CET 2021. If the criteria is not met by the candidates, then they will not be allotted into the offered seats. Therefore, the candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form.
- General category candidates should be minimum 18 years and maximum 25 years old as on August 1, 2021.
- For the SC/ST category, there is 5 year relaxation in the upper age limit.
- Should have qualified 12th standard (or equivalent) examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from any recognized central or state board
- The equivalent examinations are CBSE/ISCE/Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University/General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/ Cambridge/ Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy/H.S.C vocational examination/High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva/Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects/Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3-year duration/Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Candidates should have scored minimum 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- At least 50% marks have to be secured in English.
- Relaxation of marks will be given to SC/ST candidates, however, it will not be applicable for English.
- For Marine Engineering, the candidates will have to issue a medical certificate from doctors who are approved by the Director General of Shipping.
- For B.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering) and B.Sc (Ship Building & Repair), the candidates will have to issue a physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner.
For B.Sc (Applied Nautical Science), B.Sc (Nautical Science), B.Sc (Maritime Science) & B.Tech (Marine Engineering), the candidates should not be:
- Have morbid condition of eyes
- The eyelids that are liable to aggravate or recur
- There should be no pressure of trachoma and iris complication sequel
- Good binocular vision
- Eyeballs should move in all directions
- Pupils should react normally to light and accommodation
Candidates joining DNS, B.Sc (Nautical Science) & B.Sc (Maritime Science) degree course colour vision shall have unaided 1.0 (6/6) in better eye and 0.67 (6/9) in other eyes. Normal colour vision shall be tested by the Ishihara test chart.
Candidates applying for B.Tech (Marine Engineering) degree course, distance vision shall have unaided 0.5 (6/12) in each eye or 0.67 (6/9) in better eye and 0.33 (6/18) in other eyes. Normal colour vision shall be tested by the Ishihara test chart.
IMU CET 2021 Exam Centres
The authorities will release the list of cities where the entrance examination will be conducted through the exam centres of IMU CET 2021. Candidates can check the list to select their preferred city and fill it out in the application form. Three preferences can be selected by the candidates. Allotment of exam centres will be done as per preference and availability.
IMU CET 2021 Exam Centres
|S.No||Test Cities||S.No||Test Cities|
IMU CET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can the details regarding how the entrance examination is conducted through the exam pattern of IMU CET 2021. Information regarding the details such as duration, medium of language, number of questions and more will be available in the exam pattern. By referring to the exam pattern, the candidates will be able to prepare accordingly for the entrance examination.
IMU CET 2021 Exam Pattern
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Nature of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Sections||Mathematics – 50 QuestionsPhysics – 50 QuestionsChemistry – 25 QuestionsEnglish – 25 QuestionsGeneral Knowledge – 25 QuestionsGeneral Aptitude – 25 Questions|
|Total Questions||200 Questions|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking will be done|
IMU CET 2021 Syllabus
The authorities have released the syllabus of IMU CET 2021 in online mode. The topics and units which have to be studied for the entrance examination will be available through the syllabus. Candidates are advised to check the syllabus for preparation of the entrance examination.
IMU CET 2021 Syllabus
|English||Parts of SpeechSynonyms and AntonymsMeaning of words/phrasesTensesPhrasal verbsIdioms|
|General Aptitude||Critical ReasoningWord GroupsInstructionsStructural AnalysisSyllogism (Logic Syllogism (Logic-based questions)Fill in / Completion of series based on Pattern / Logic, Data SufficiencyData InterpretationPipes & CisternsOdd Man OutBoat & StreamsNumerical ComputationNumerical EstimationTime & WorkCalendarClocksStocksTime & DistanceHeight & DistanceQuantitative AptitudeAnalytical ReasoningLogic ReasoningFault DiagnosisAbstract ReasoningMechanical ReasoningMixture & AllegationRatioNumerical Reasoning|
|General Knowledge||Basic GK QuestionsCurrent Affairs|
|Physics||12th standard state board and CBSE syllabus|
|Chemistry||12th standard state board and CBSE syllabus|
|Mathematics||12th standard state board and CBSE syllabus|
IMU CET 2021 Admit Card
Registered candidates will be able to download the admit card of IMU CET 2021 in online mode. Candidates will be able to access it using their application number and password. All of the information related to the candidate’s allotted exam centre,
Steps to download IMU CET 2021 admit card
- Go to the official website
- Click on the admit card link
- Candidates will have to login using their application number and password.
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- A print out of the admit card has to be taken for future use.
IMU CET 2021 Result
The authorities will release the result of IMU CET 2021 in online mode as a pdf. Candidates can check the status of their result through the pdf. The result will also be sent to the candidates through email and SMS. Candidates qualifying the entrance exam will be eligible for participating in IMU CET counselling process for BTech admissions.
IMU CET 2021 Counselling
Qualified candidates will have to participate in counselling of IMU CET 2021 for allotment of seats in the institute campuses. Firstly, the candidates will have to register for the counselling process and pay the required fee of Rs. 10,000 in online mode. Selection of preferred campuses and courses has to be done by the candidates. During the counselling, allotment of seats will be done as per the candidate’s rank, preferences and availability of seats. Allotted candidates will have to pay Rs. 25,000 to confirm their admission.
Programmes Offered through IMU CET 2021
|Name of the programme||Duration||Campus||Approved strength|
|B. Tech in Marine Engineering||4 Years||Kolkata||246|
|B. Tech in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering||4 Years||Visakhapatnam||40|
|B. Sc in Nautical Science||3 Years||Cochin||40|
|B.Sc in Maritime Science||3 Years||Mumbai||40|
|Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS )leading to B.Sc (Applied Nautical Science)||1 Year||Mumbai||40|
IMU CET 2021 Affiliated Institutes
|Name of the institute||Location|
|Anglo-Eastern Maritime Academy||Mumbai|
|Applied Research International||New Delhi|
|Coimbatore Marine College||Coimbatore|
|College of Ship Technology||Palakad|
|Dr. B R Ambedkar Institute of Technology||Port Blair|
|Euro Tech Maritime Academy||Cochin|
|International Maritime Institute||New Delhi|
|MMTI’S Education & Research Trust||Mumbai|
|Park Maritime Academy||Coimbatore|
|Maritime Training Institute||(SCI) Mumbai|
|Maritime Training Institute||(SCI) Tuticorin|
|RL Institute of Nautical Sciences||Madurai|
|Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies||Mumbai|
|Sriram Institute of Marine Studies||New Delhi|
|Southern Academy of Maritime Studies||Chennai|
|The Great Eastern Institute of Maritime Studies||Mumbai|
|Tolani Maritime Institute||Pune|
|Training Ship Rehman||Mumbai|
|Vishwakarma Maritime Institute||Pune|
|Yak Education Trust||Mumbai|
Indian Maritime University
East Coast Road, Uthandi
Chennai – 600119
IMU CET 2021 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What is IMU CET?
A. IMU CET is a computer-based common entrance test conducted by Indian Maritime University for admission to various courses in Merchant Navy.
Q. How can I apply for IMU CET?
A. In order to apply for IMU CET, candidates will have to complete the online registration process.
Q. Is there any concession in fee for reserved category candidates applying for IMU CET?
A. Yes, there is a concession of Rs 300 in the application fee for reserved category candidates. IMU CET application fee is Rs 1000 however, reserved category candidates have to pay Rs 700 only.
Q. I have completed +2 in distance mode through NIOS. Am I eligible for IMU CET?
A. Yes, however, Students who have completed through the boards which are classified as Fake Board by Ministry of Human Resources are ineligible to appear for CET for admissions to IMU.
Q.Is IMU CET tougher than Jee?
A. NO. JEE is tougher than IMU CET. But you need to prepare well to crack it.
Q.Does IMU CET have negative marking?
A. No. There is no negative marking in it.
Q.How do I qualify for IMU CET?
A. If you have good knowledge of 12 th then thats more than enough.
Q.How do I qualify for IMU CET?
A. Practice well your 12th standard syllabus. Thats more than enough to qualify.
Q.Which IMU campus is best?
A. Kolkata campus is best