RUT / REO EXIT EXAM QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS AS ASKED IN DG SHIPPING EXIT EXAMS. BOLD LETTERS ARE THE ANSWERS.
1.How many immersion suits are there for each lifeboat?
2.Montreal Protocol deals with which of the following?
- Oil pollution
- GHG gases
- Ozone Depleting substance
- Particulate Matter
3.The tappet clearance between the rocker arm tappet and exhaust valve stem is excessive then:
- The vale will open early and close later
- The valve will open later and close early
- The valve will open and close later
- The valve will open and close early
4.The crankcase of many diesel engines are kept under a slight vaccume to
- Reduce the risk of explosion
- Improve fuel economy
- Increase the air change velocity
- All of the above
5.Appointment of designated person ashore is requirement under which of the following instuement
- ISM code
- ISPS code
- STCW code
- MARPOL 73/78
6.A fire in electrical generator is considerd to be
- Class A
- Class B
- Class C
- Class D
7.In any diesel engine closed freshwater cooling system, the lowest pressure exits at the
- Jacket water outlet
- Cooling water pump outlet
- Heat exchanger outlet
- Expansion tank atmospheric vent
8.Territorial water is similar to
- Contiguous zone
- Continental shelf
9.The effect of excessive tappet clearance is:
- Valve hammering,…………
- Loss in compression,…..
- Increased engine efficiency……
10.Where can panting arrangement be found on the ship?
- Super Structure
11Where is dashpot used ?
None of the above
12.Any steering gear system alarm can only be successfully acknowledge from
- The engine control room
- The steering compartment
- The ships office
13.The SCR prototype achived an —– % reduction of nox Emissions over the same Engine without scr.
14.Types of corrosion in fresh water of D/E
- Hot corrosion
- Selective phase corrosion
15.Violent flame and heavy black some is typical of which sort of fire?
- Wood fire
- Paper fire
- Fuel oil fire
- Electrical fire
16.The security dill can be conducted:
- On phone call
- On email
- As a circular to all
- As a combination with other exercise held such as search and resue exercise
17.Which type of rely in oil dash pot is used?
- Thermal relay
- Magnetic relay
- Overload rely
- Under voltage relay
18. At distance of more than ——- away from land, it will be responsibility of the county under whose flag each vessel is registered to enforce the sulphur cap?
- 100 Nautical miles
- 150 Nautical miles
- 200 Nautical miles
- 250 Nautical miles
19. Free fall launching in site or in water atleast once in
- Every month
- 3 months
- 6 months
- Every year
20. What is the minimum capacity of bunker sampeLe bottle to used as per marpol regulation.
21. A diesel engine using l.o with too high viscosity will exhibit
- Increased staring difficulty in cold weather
- Increase oil consumption
- Thickening at higher operating tempture
- Minimal friction losses
22. Major amendments of STCW 1978 were
a) 2010 &2020
b) 1995 &2010
c) 1980 & 2000
d) None of the above
23. What is the minimum capacity (m3/hr) of a fire pump?
24. How many chapter are there in STCW?
25. Which certificate of the following is to be renewed every year?
- Document of compliance
- Certificate of registry
- Passenger ship safty certificate
- None of the above
26.Cutting out fuel from the fire is called as
27.Muttiple fire pump may be used for other purpose provided that one pump is
- Online to the fire main
- Kept available for use on the fire main at all times
- Capable of being connected to the fire main
- Rated at or above 125 psi
28.Which of the signal is recognied as a distress signal?
- Directing the beam of a searchlight at another vessel
- A smoke signal giving off orange colored smoke
- A whistle signal of one prolonged and three short blasts
- International code signal “PAN” spoken over the radiotelephone
29. The international distress safety and calling frequency is channel……
30. Solas consist of——- chapters
[…] NEXT […]
[…] PREVIOUS […]