RUT / REO EXIT EXAM QUESTIONS AND ANSWER. BOLD LETTERS ARE ANSWERS
- Lifeboat engine should be able to start at
-15degree within 2 min
+15degree within 2 min
-5degree within 2 min
+5degree within 2 min
2. What is minimum standard convention?
3. If you hear 7 shorts followed by one long blast what will you do?
- Do nothing
- Call DPA
- Go to Citadel
- Go to the master station with ppe and wait for further instruction
4. Location of Emergency fire pump is engine room
5. After 1st January 2020, what is the permissible sulphur quantity in fuel(in non ECA areas)?
6. IOPP certificates is valid for………. years?
7. Carbon dioxide should be used near a personnel in confined place?
8. During drills, what is the best method to communicate between team members?
- Hand singles
- Talk in person
- Communication is not necessary
- Use walkie talkie
9.How many codes are there in oil records book?
- 10 codes
- 9 codes
10. Within….. hours before departure, the ship steering gear shall be checked and tested by ships crew?
- 24 hours
- 12 hours
- 8 hours
- 1 hours
11. How long should bunker samples be kept onboard?
- 3 months
- 6 months
- 12 months
- 24 months
12. What is the full form of SEEMP?
a) Ship Enery efficiency management plan
13. Lifeboat should be able to launched within……. minutes as per regulation?
- 3 min
- 15 min
- 25 min
- 36 min
14. Which of the following NGO has observer status in IMO?
15. What is the fuel quality standard used onboard ship?
a) ISO 8217:2009
b) ISO 8217:2017
c) ISO 8217:2002
d) ISO 8217:2012
16.Carbon dioxide is heavier than oxygen
17. when was manila amendments adopted?
18. Who is responsible for non compliance of NOx emissions?
- Ship Operator
- Flag State
- Port State
19. At what interval oil Residue Retention is updated in ORB
20. Which “class of fire” wood belongs to?
- Class A
- Class B
- Class C
- Class D
21. Which Marpol Amendment will come into force on 1st January 2021?
- Annex I
- Annex II
- Annex III
22. For survival, we can drink sea water in emergency.
23.in case of major fire in the Engine Room, what will you do first?
- Sprying water on bulkhead
- Use portable Fire extinguisher
- Do nothing
- Abandon Ship
24.What item of the following is in Sopep Locker?
- Absorbent Pads
- Torch light
- Protection shield
25. Flammable cleaning liquid should be used under which conditions?
- If fire extinguisher is available nearby
- Can be used in all condition
- Can never be used
- Flag state permission is necessary
- 26. What affects fuel combustion quality?
- cetane number
- Carbon Residue
- All o the above
27. If we are using 145cst fuel, and we receive new bunker which has viscosity more than 145cst, what should we do?
- Cannot use this fuel
- Change viscometer parameters
- Increase temp of fuel
- Decrease tem of fuel